We welcome you to join Congregation Tikkun v’Or (Ithaca Reform Temple). Our membership currently is about 135 member-units / families. Membership entitles you to become part of a vibrant, active progressive Jewish community. Our “Fair Share” dues structure recognizes the traditional Jewish belief that financial support of our religious institutions, based on ability to contribute, is an ethical obligation incumbent upon all, regardless of personal use. The concept of Fair Share provides a basis for matching your generosity with the ongoing needs of the Temple.
We welcome members regardless of income level with payment arrangements on a quarterly, semi-annual or annual basis. A quarterly charge to a credit card is used by some to allow for the ability to manage a greater contribution. No one is denied membership in Congregation Tikkun v’Or for financial reasons. Dues payments are fully tax deductible.
Fair Share Dues and contributions go to:
• A vital, progressive Jewish presence that is important for our community
• A rabbi who inspires and enlivens our congregation
• A beautiful building to house our Jewish community and many life cycle events
• Many meaningful life cycle events
• Inspiring Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and other holiday services
• Growing Jewish Learning Experiences and bmitzvah programs
• Bereavement support
• Adult education opportunities
• Prayer services on most Fridays and many Saturdays
• Social justice projects
• Programs to stimulate our minds, conscience, and spirit
• Community Shabbat dinners
• A Community Passover seder, meaningful and delicious
• Jewish community events shared with other Ithaca congregations
• Access to our listserv and members-only section on our website
• The right to vote and have your voice heard as we make decisions for the community
The Welcoming Committee communicates with all prospective and new members. They hope that our friendly ways help you feel at home. An annual New Members Brunch occurs each year, and we especially invite new members to participate in programs and services which help you become actively involved in the community.
For more information, please contact us at (607) 256-1471 or firstname.lastname@example.org