We welcome you to join Congregation Tikkun v’Or (Ithaca Reform Temple). Our membership currently is about 135 member-units / families. Membership entitles you to become part of a vibrant, active progressive Jewish community. Our “Fair Share” dues structure recognizes the traditional Jewish belief that financial support of our religious institutions, based on ability to contribute, is an ethical obligation incumbent upon all, regardless of personal use. The concept of Fair Share provides a basis for matching your generosity with the ongoing needs of the Temple.
We welcome members regardless of income level with payment arrangements on a quarterly, semi-annual or annual basis. A quarterly charge to a credit card is used by some to allow for the ability to manage a greater contribution. No one is denied membership in Congregation Tikkun v’Or for financial reasons. Dues payments are fully tax deductible.
Fair Share Dues and contributions go to:
• A vital, progressive Jewish presence that is important for our community
• A beautiful building to house our Jewish community and many life cycle events
• A rabbi who inspires and enlivens our congregation
• Meaningful Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, and other holiday services
• A creative Jewish Learning Experiences program for children
• Many adult education opportunities
• Worship services on most Fridays and many Saturdays
• Movie nights, theater outings, and social gatherings
• Social justice and community projects
• Speakers and programs to stimulate our minds, conscience, and spirit
• Community Shabbat dinners (often with music and dancing)
• Community Passover seder, inspiring and delicious
• A part-time administrator and a part-time bookkeeper who keep everything running
• Shared Jewish community events with other Ithaca congregations
The Welcoming and Membership Committee communicates with all prospective and new members. They hope that our friendly ways help you feel at home. An annual New Members Brunch occurs each year, and we especially invite new members to participate in programs and services which help you become actively involved in the community.
For more information, please contact us at (607) 256-1471 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a current member and would like access to the membership list, to use for Tikkun v’Or purposes only, please contact email@example.com